17 January 2019
Early Intervention Specialists, Inc. is seeking a Special Instructor/Behavior Support to provide Early Intervention services for children (0-3yrs) and their families in York/Adams Counties. Services are delivered in the child’s natural environment. (home, childcare centers, community locations, etc.)
- Provide special instruction/behavior support to children ages birth to three years who qualify for Early Intervention Services and their caregivers/families in their home and/or community settings.
- Coach and empower caregivers in encouraging their child’s development within their natural environment and daily routines.
- Derive and sharing clinical opinions based on goal achievement per individual child/family need.
- Maintain documentation of delivery of services and status of progress towards achieving goals.
An early interventionist shall have one of the following groups of minimum qualifications:
(1) A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in early intervention, early childhood special education, early childhood education, child development, special education or family studies, and 1 year of full-time or full-time-equivalent experience working directly with preschool children with disabilities and their families or a university-supervised or college-supervised student practicum or teaching experience with young children with disabilities and their families.
(2) A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which includes 15 credit hours in early intervention, early childhood special education, early childhood education, child development, special education or family studies; and 1 year of full-time or full-time-equivalent experience working directly with preschool children with disabilities and their families; and demonstrated knowledge, understanding and skills needed to perform the functions specified in § 4226.54 (relating to early interventionist responsibilities).
– Must not be excluded from enrolling in Pennsylvania’s Promise System
– Original child abuse clearance, criminal record clearance, and FBI clearance approving the individual for work with children.
Benefits/About Early Intervention Specialists, Inc. (EIS):
Early Intervention Specialists, Inc. is an organization dedicated to helping parents and caregivers promote the development of their children in their natural environments. We believe every child, independent of individual ability, deserves the opportunity to reach his or her full potential. We believe the best way to accomplish this is in the child’s natural environment, with the people who care for the child on a daily basis. Here at EIS our owners, executives, and supervisors began as early interventionists. As such, we intimately understand the process of early intervention and value the many questions and concerns families have about their child. We impart to our team of early interventionists our passion for providing the highest quality services by providing ongoing training and development. Our highly qualified early interventionists are able to deliver the most up to date techniques to promote learning in the everyday routine so that the child and the family can prepare for the future.
EIS currently provides services across the state of Pennsylvania in the following counties:
Allegheny, Butler, Cumberland/Perry, Dauphin, Washington and York/Adams.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, coaching, supervision, flexible scheduling/hours, and more!
If you are interested in career opportunities at EIS, please apply today!
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We are an equal opportunity employer.